The Emory Career Center and the Goizueta Business School Career Management Center have partnered to create the below guidelines and recommendations in order to ensure a fair and equitable recruiting process for both employers and students.
Guiding Principles for Recruiters
- Adhere to the below timeline to ensure a fair and equitable process for both employers and candidates.
- Grant summer interns atleast 2-3 weeks from their offer date or until October 15th (whichever is later) to consider an offer and make a decision on a return internship or full-time offer. We encourage you to work with our students regarding extensions.
- Allow newly seeking students atleast 2-3 weeks from their offer date or until November 1st (whichever is later) to consider an offer and make a decision on a first-time internship or full-time offer. For the spring semester, employers are asked to allow atleast 2 weeks.
Important Information about Junior Investment Banking Interviews & Recruiting
As junior internship recruiting timelines continue to accelerate, we have decided to hold all junior banking internship interviews within a specific set of dates this fall. This will allow students to adequately prepare for and participate in multiple banking interviews, the CMC team to collaborate with faculty and mitigate exam conflicts, and, most important, ensure that employers have the opportunity to interact with top talent, in a focused timeframe.
- BANKING INTERNSHIP INTERVIEW DAYS: Sept 25th , 26th , 27th , and 28th
- On-campus interviews for banking internships will not be held prior to Sept 25th.
- Any company seeking interns outside of the junior banking scope will NOT be allowed to schedule interviews during this time.
- The Career Center and BBA Career Management Teams discourage banks from scheduling Super Days on these specific dates to ensure students are given an opportunity to complete all desired first round interviews.
General Recruiting Calendar
|April 10||Employers may begin requesting dates for Information Sessions and On-Campus Interviews|
|April 21||Confirmation for first round interview requests will begin|
|July 10||Confirmation for second round interview requests will begin, as space permits|
|Aug 23||Classes Begin|
|Aug 30||Information Sessions begin|
|Aug 30||Resume Renovation Day! - OPEN EVENT FOR VOLUNTEERS|
|Sept 5||Hire Us - Connecting a Diverse Workforce with Inclusive Employers|
|SEPT 6||Fall Career Fair, 12PM-4PM in Woodruff P.E. Center|
|Sept 8||Practice Interview Program - OPEN EVENT FOR VOLUNTEERS|
|Sept 11||On-campus Interviews Begin|
|Sept 20-21||Rosh Hashanah, Information Sessions CLOSED|
|Sept 21-22||Rosh Hashanah, On-campus interviews CLOSED|
|Oct 9-10||Fall Break, On-Campus Interviews and Information Sessions CLOSED|
|Oct 15||Acceptance deadline for summer interns considering return or full-time offers.|
|Nov 1||Acceptance deadline for newly seeking students considering first-time internship and full-time offers.|
|Nov 23-24||Thanksgiving Break, On-Campus Interviews and Information Sessions CLOSED|
|Dec 4||Last Day of Information Sessions|
|Dec 5||Last Day of Class and Last Day of On-Campus Interviews|